Monday, April 13, 2009

I hope he's wrong . . .

We are exactly where we were ten years ago when I started documenting my son's drug use. 

At that time, I was also documenting the crazy things that accompanied my divorce from his father. And, while the events associated with our divorce have faded into practically nothing, C's addiction continues to demand attention.

This is my first post to this blog. Right now, I hope that I post often and for a long time. Because, you see, my youngest son (25) has relapsed for the countless time, and his father and I have taken "that stance." We've announced that we will no longer support him or his lifestyle.

The disconnect is electric within me. I'm searching inside myself for how he is and the ways in which I've failed him. I'm one inch from tears often.

A friend of mine told me tonight that her father says, "the only cure for drug addiction is death."

I hope he's wrong.